Sunday, May 22, 2011

Episode 36--Alien (1979)


"I admire it's purity...you have my sympathies."

Ridley's Scott's sci-fi/horror mashup is a modern classic. At thirty-two years of age, it looks fresh as the day it was hatched. Written by Dan O'Bannon (Return of the Living Dead, Total Recall), and starring Sigourney Weaver in her first film--ALIEN has gone on to spawn three sequels, and inspire an entire subgenre of horror.


This week, I do a feature-length audio commentary--dedicated to a film that was born the same year I was. It sits in my top ten for several reasons--not the least of which is that it still has the power to move me.

As always, you can listen to the snarly goodness here. Or, you can download from Archive.org

http://www.archive.org/details/TheFlyPaperDungeon--episode36Alien1979
Videos of the Week
The Original Teaser Trailer for ALIEN

Kenner made a 12-inch action figure of the Xenomorph...for kids to play with! (Also Atari made a video game!)

Sigourney Weaver's Screen Test for Alien

Links of the Week
Play the Atari 2600 game of Alien
From 2600online--a free archive or Atari games (click here)





Email: Flypaperdungeon@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment